The University of Maryland Comprehensive Cancer Center is seeking a passionate Nurse Practitioner for our outpatient department, caring for Hematology patients.
The Nurse Practitioner will:
- Work with physician and nurse teams to administer quality patient care, ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests for patient population.
- Record physical findings and formulating plans and prognosis.
- Prescribe or recommend medications or other forms of treatment.
- Discuss cases with physicians.
- Provide patient education.
- The selected candidate will also have the exciting opportunity to recruit, enroll, and manage patients in cutting edge research studies.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (or a variation of these hours)
Benefits: FPI benefits are available to full-time and part-time employees that work 30 or more hours per week. We offer health care plans, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision benefits, various types of paid leave, retirement programs (pension and 403(B)), disability plans, life insurance, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, banking, commuter benefits, and more!
University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc. (FPI) coordinates and supports the clinical activities of the University of Maryland School of Medicine. We employ over 1,000 non-physician staff who support the clinical practices of our faculty. Our staff provides administrative support functions such as business development, finance, human resources, information technology, compliance, legal affairs, practice operations support, and reimbursement management.
The OP department consists of a collection multidisciplinary physicians, nurses, clinical research and support staff that serve roughly 25,000 provider and 16,000 infusion visits per year. We are committed to delivering high quality care and integrating cutting edge clinical research into practice. As a recent recipient of the U.S. News & World Report Top 25 Best Cancer Hospitals, we are constantly seeking high caliber talent and we hope you consider us as a destination to grow your career!