Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse Discharge Coordinator (After hours ) ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to our Facey Utilization Management location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for utilization review, discharge planning and repatriation coordination to in-network facilities for patients on an on-call basis between the hours of 5:00 pm and 8:00 am for Providence Medical Foundations: Facey Medical Foundation, Providence Medical Institute and other medical foundations.
- The position requires the coordination of all services related to the transfer of hospitalized members who require transfers to in-network and or higher level of care facilities, or transitions to lower level care i.e. Home, Skilled Nursing/Acute Rehab facilities etc.
- Responsible for managing safe and medically appropriate care transitions by ensuring that quality standards, including discharge planning and repatriation coordination processes, are met.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited LVN school of nursing.
- Current California LVN licensure required.
- Minimum 2 years current acute med/surg experience.
- Will perform duties under the direction of the medical director, hospitalist or MSO management.
- Experience in transitioning hospitalized patients to lower levels of care such as post-acute setting; also experience in repatriating patients to in-network facilities and or higher level of care transfers.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette, strong computer skills including knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, must be organized, proactive and be able to prioritize work.
- Position requires strong problem solving skills the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Must have knowledge of health plan requirements and benefits as applied to the utilization and case management process.
- Must respond telephonically to requests for discharge assistance within 15 minutes of request.
- Must comply with the requirements and expectations of the Remote Utilization Management & Case Management Telecommuting Policy and Agreement at all times.
Preferred qualification for this position includes:
- Hospital inpatient case management or ambulatory case management experience.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 147764