Swedish Shared Services is looking for a Manager Registered Nurse in Case Management \(1\.0, Days\) at Swedish First Hill Campus in Seattle, WA\.
The Manager RN in Case Management is responsible for the daily management and organization of all activities and staff within the Case Management Department including care coordination, case management, discharge planning, utilization management, social work services, and pre\-admission case management\.
In this position you will:
- Act as a liaison between patients and families, department staff, physicians and the healthcare team, community agencies, managed care representatives, skilled nursing facilities, and community agencies
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring best practice and established clinical standards to assure the quality of patient care and the financial integrity of the organization
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or degree in a health related field
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington
- Experience in Case Management and supervisory/management experience
- Previous nursing experience within a variety of complex client care areas
- Knowledge of utilization management, case management, discharge planning, and care coordination practices and the outcomes/impact of these functions within the hospital
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Nursing or a healthcare related field
- Case Management and supervisory/management experience in an acute care hospital
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 147135