Under the leadership of the Director, Case Management for Children's Hospital of Michigan (CHM) and according to established policies and procedures, provides management and operational oversight for the Social Work Department at CHM. Provides liaison between staff, family and community agencies to facilitate patient outcomes; represents CHM on various community and State Boards for the advocacy of children and families. Monitors relationship with the Wayne County Department Human Services. Develops and implements education and orientation programs for personnel. Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory and agency requirements, laws and statutes pertaining to social work. Identifies the need for policy development and/or revision, defines policies in collaboration in collaboration with higher-level management input, goals and objectives. Oversees or directs the development and/or revision of department procedures/protocols. Approves procedures/protocols and/or seeks other departmental approvals as appropriate. Develops, monitors and revises functional processes. Provides input into the development and revision of organizational structure for department. Approves personnel actions such as hires, fires, disciplines, etc. Completes performance appraisals. Develops current to intermediate goals and measures for the department. Measures and assesses performance. As requested, assists in long range goal development. Assists in development of and monitors budget. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC/Tenet policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan.
3. Three years of Social Work experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Previous experience with the targeted patient population is preferred.
4. One to two years supervisory/management experience is strongly preferred.
1. Analytical ability to create solutions to difficult administrative, technical or human situations, to anticipate and resolve a broad range of issues and concerns on multiple, sometimes unrelated, topics, to determine the need for process development and refinement, to independently evaluate situations and outline ramifications of multiple solutions or options, to recommend goals for a function/area and understand when intervention in current work processes must occur to ensure successful delivery of service.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to obtain and interpret a variety of information based on knowledge of departmental practices, DMC policies and programs and specific technical and regulatory knowledge. Discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate; conflict resolution skills must be exercised where policy issues are concerned both within the functional area and interdepartmentally. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read, interpret and write technical materials.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Teaching abilities to conduct educational programs for staff, patients, families and the community.
6. Ability to cope with stressful situations and manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905022818
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.