Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
We are growing and have an exciting new opportunity!
Our faculty are dedicated to promoting excellence in all areas of pediatric congenital heart surgery in partnership with Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. The Children's Heart Center at CMHH is ranked among the elite programs performing congenital heart surgery in North America, as highlighted by our three star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. U.S. News & World Report recently ranked our program as 26 amongst the top 50 children's heart programs in the US. We are rapidly growing and looking for experienced, dynamic, outgoing, advanced care providers to join our team. If you are certified as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or are a Physician Assistant with pediatric or cardiac experience, you may be just the right candidate we are looking for. We are located in heart of Houston's Texas Medical Center. Houston is a rapidly growing, culturally diverse, and economically strong city with excellent quality of living and affordability.
Our practitioners are employed by the UT Health McGovern Medical School and are credentialed as affiliated providers with Memorial Hermann Hospital. Your role would include patient management in the intermediate care unit, collaborating with the Heart Center ICU team to manage the ICU patients as well as managing patients in the outpatient clinic environment. The APP role includes independent and collaborative patient management responsibilities with the physcians groups, ICU, and cardiology partners. This APP role may perform invasive procedures with training and supervision, when deemed necessary by the physician group. In addition, treatment plan initiation and ongoing patient management are expected.
• Current Texas licensure and masters degree from an accredited pediatric acute care nurse practitioner program or Current Texas licensure and masters degree from physician assistant program approved by a national organization.
• 2 years pediatric or cardiac experience required.
• Maintains minimum standards for certification based on Texas Board of Nursing bylaws and pertinent regulatory bodies.
• Maintains educational standards established by the University of Texas Department of Pediatric Surgery and Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.
• Maintains limited prescriptive authority by the Texas Board of Nursing and DEA prescriptive authority as needed in role.
• Obtains and maintains PALS and BLS required.
• Participates in professional educational activities and attends trauma seminars and continuing education offerings.
• Maintains clinical skills in supervised laboratory environment and patient care areas with training and guidance.
• Evaluates personal practice, sets professional objectives and creates a collaborative agreement as required by the State of Texas BNE.
* Must obtain clinical credentialing/clinical privileges before hire date.
Internal Number: 190001VP
About University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
The sixth-largest medical school in the United States, we are the largest of the six schools of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
We are located in The Texas Medical Center, which is ripe with amazing opportunities for patient care and basic science and clinical research.