Full-Time or Part-Time available. This is a temporary position, with the potential to go permanent, to assist in the upcoming academic year.
The Nurse Practitioner reports to the Director of Health Services and is responsible for the physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and/or referral, education and follow-up of students.
1. Examine, diagnosis, and recommend appropriate treatment and/or referral to patients presenting with symptoms.
a. Initiate emergency treatment of acute medical problems, consult with collaborating physician and/or refer to urgent care/ emergency department.
b. Maintain and manage patients utilizing lab, x-ray and other diagnostic testing.
c. Independently prescribe appropriate medication, corrective measures and medical therapeutics.
2. Maintain clinical documentation in a timely manner.
3. Complete scheduled caseload in a timely manner and assist staff as needed to ensure appropriate patient flow.
4. Provide patient education and conduct patient follow-up, as needed.
5. Support the administrative duties of Health Services to include efficient office function, effective patient flow and development of patient data.
Perform additional duties required by the Director of Health Services.
Education and Experience Required
• Registered Nurse with a Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
• Certification as an adult or family Nurse Practitioner with a Current Rhode Island Registered Nurse Practitioners License, with prescriptive privileges, and a Federal DEA License.
• Three to five years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner, with experience in college health or adolescent medicine, preferred. Areas of experience should include general internal medicine, gynecology, mental health issues, orthopedics and urgent care/ emergency medicine.
• Current CPR certification.
Internal Number: AS409P
About Providence College
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.