Responsible for performing the refunds and credit analyses functions within the Hospital Revenue Cycle Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
1. Performs refund and credit analyses, audit and reimbursement functions for all Managed Care, Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Self-pay and third party payors for all patient accounts. Determines if credit balance is an over contractual, late charges applied, overpayment etc. to ensure appropriate actions are taken to resolve.
2. Performs Quarterly reviews for Medicare and Medicaid (based on state guidelines) and submits to client for approval, signature and submission.
3. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent credit balance review activity performed.
4. Communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues.
5. Handle correspondence received from payers and patients requesting refunds. Respond timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate
6. Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
7. Other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Entry level understanding of hospital billing form requirements (UB04 and HCFA 1500)
Entry level knowledge of ACE/PBAR/STAR/Meditech or EPIC preferred
Entry level knowledge of ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT coding and medical terminology
Entry level writing skills
Contract Interpretation skills greatly preferred
Understanding and interpretation of Managed Care contracts
Understanding of Govï¿½t Medicare and multiple state Medicaid programs payor regulations (if Govï¿½t team)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience, preferred.
1 ï¿½ 3 yearsï¿½ experience in a hospital business environment performing billing and/or follow-up functions, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Call Center environment with multiple workstations in close proximity
Some positions may be eligible for Telecommuting based off Business need or position function. If eligible, all Telecommuting guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Bedford, New Hampshire
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105000318
About Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.