In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a PACS Specialist you will be one of the critical and key contributing roles to the support and success of Banner Health. You will be responsible for the support of various facilities across the Banner network. You will have the opportunity to impact patient care and outcomes without direct patient contact and be a part of an organization that is leading the healthcare industry in Arizona.
This position will be Remote (in touch) with the expectation of some on-site support at the various Banner facilities. Typical schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8am - 4:30pm. This position will support all the ambulatory clinics within Banner with the primary focus being on the Banner Medical Group clinics (BMG). This position does have an on-call rotation that is required that supports weekends and weekdays during your call shift. On-call coverage is 24/7 during your rotation and is part of an ongoing rotation of other specialist. This position also includes time spent on the PACS hotline supporting customers with PACS related issues from all Banner facilities during your timeslot.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for system maintenance and quality control activities of the medical imaging Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) across facilities and/or business entities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains and optimizes the work flow in the PACS arena in accordance with established procedures. Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots the systems to ensure uninterrupted operation. Ensures compliance with all department, facility and regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Participates in the development and implementation of goals and objectives, and helps communicate those goals and objectives to various PACS staff and stakeholders.
3. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations to address and resolve operational problems. Works closely with other PACS and information technology personnel, department managers/supervisors, and facility staff as needed and acts as a liaison. Focuses on performance improvement and quality management.
4. Coordinates initiatives for development of operating standards, protocols, and administrative policies and procedures. Develops and implements procedural and educational changes as appropriate.
5. Acts as liaison between department and other internal departments, vendors, and outside agencies to ensure the delivery of timely and efficient services and problem resolution.
6. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis. Works within the equipment and operating standards, identifies system requirements and seeks approval for capital expenditure proposals. Contributes to the strategic planning process and coordinates implementation phases with appropriate stakeholders.
7. Serves as a subject matter expert for the PACS application and provides leadership to achieve optimal operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a consultant and trainer within the organization. Collaborates with all departments to assist with patient flow and process improvement. Provides on-call coverage for after-hours technical support across multiple facilities and/or business entities.
8. Supports system users with operational problems by resolving issues and concerns using internal and external resources. Tests, implements, and maintains interfaces between contributing image and IT systems.
9. Provides operational support in the radiology Picture Archiving and Communication System arena of the assigned facility/facilities and/or business entities. May assist with department budget. Participates/leads committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: vendors, regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically obtained through 4 years' experience in related health care operations.
3 years' experience as PACS Analyst or related experience required. Requires advance skills using the desktop operative software, web browsers, database design, user interfaces and computer design systems. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, ability to analyze data and solve problems. Requires the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required. Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
CIIP or PARCA certification preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R24140
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.