If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen
Banner Health is at the forefront of modernizing revenue cycle in healthcare. This Project Manager role will support a diverse portfolio of revenue cycle projects that will make life easier for patients, staff and providers. Successful candidates will have strong project management skills aligned to the Project Management Institute (PMI) 5 or more years of project management in a revenue cycle environment. A strong executive presence, ability to juggle multiples priorities, critical thinking skills and excellent soft skills are a must. PMP certification preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for managing project scope, quality, schedule and cost for large scale, multi-facility, high risk projects. Provides project management expertise including leadership and consistent use of standard tools and methodology including waterfall and agile. Incumbent is expected to work with all levels of the organization across diverse areas and multiple states to implement solutions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Plans, manages, and coordinates multiple assigned functional projects simultaneously, ensuring that stated goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters, which includes: reviewing project proposals/plans to develop recommended time frames and budgeting requirements; identifying and managing resource allocation needs; establishing work plans and staffing models; formulating and defining technical scope and objectives; identifying and scheduling project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks; and/or performing other related items associated with driving projects to successful completion and achievement of business outcomes.
2. Utilizes the work breakdown structure, user's stories or appropriate methodology to drive the development and implementation of the integrated work plans: creates and implements issues management, risk management, communication, change management, and relationship management.
3. Coordinates, plans and facilitates meetings with project teams and coordinates the interaction with other departments using proven tools and techniques. Makes presentations to large audiences as required.
4. Carries out communication plan to ensure key stakeholder awareness. Serves as the primary liaison between the project sponsor and the project team. Fosters an environment that results in team cohesiveness and motivation. Proactively engages with project team using high touch methods like face to face communication and phone calls.
5. Manages and controls project progression to successful completion, including: identifying required tools and methods; monitoring schedules and budgets for compliance with established constraints; identifying and communicating lessons learned; developing transitioning plan from project to production; managing project documentation; and/or, performing other related activities. Ability to recognize when there is a need to shift to adapt and shift tactics as applicable to the needs and context of the project.
6. Mentors less experienced peers. Creates and maintains project management training materials. Provides project management training classes.
7. Leads development of standard project management tools and methodologies.
8. This position is responsible for large scale, multi-facility, high risk projects across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff and management. Requires work in context of multiple commitments, priorities and conflicts. Requires critical thinking, soft skills and the ability to create clarity from ambiguity. Comfortable having difficult conversations.
Must possess strong business and project management knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, healthcare management, communications or related field and a minimum of 4 years project management experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Depending on assigned area of responsibility, may require licensure in specialty area (i.e., Pharmacy, RRT, Nursing)
Must demonstrate general knowledge of healthcare and/or information technology. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage non-technical and/or technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Scrum master certification. Lean certification/expertise.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.