Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
Faith based environment
Part Time or PRN available
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Perform duties essentially of personal care which might be given to convalescent, chronically ill or disabled persons in their homes.
· Perform patient and/or caregiver involvement for optimal level of self-care and/or independence.
· Perform duties as assigned by Supervisor or Case Manager including baths, oral hygiene, nail care, foot care, skin care, pressure relief, dressing patient, feeding and transferring patient.
· Take accurate vital signs and report those which fall outside of patient established perimeters, per POC.
· Describe the activities of daily living and demonstrate the ability to use techniques to assist the patient to meet these activities. Use agency HHA guidelines for additional resources and reference.
· Receive 12 hours per year of appropriate in-service or training as required by regulations and policy.
· Follow Plan of Care (POC) and notify CM or supervisor when patient’s needs are not met by current POC.
· Identify and communicate adverse or problematic findings to the Case Manager or Supervisor.
· Demonstrate the ability to chart according to professional standards.
· Function as part of the patient’s interdisciplinary care team.
What You Will Need:
Certified Nurse Assistant in North Carolina required.
Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing required.
Current American Heart BLS card required.
Valid state driverâ™s license and reliable automobile, current automobile insurance and willing to operate personal car necessitated by nature of job, required.
Six months nursing assistant experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Completion of a certified home health aide course.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Additional languages preferred.
On-the-job instruction relative to specific patient needs and continuing in-service training, so that patient safety may be assured and the personal care and homemaking needs of the patient are adequately met.
Perform duties essentially of personal care which might be given to convalescent, chronically ill or disabled persons in their homes. Attempt to assist individuals and families to assume responsibilities toward self-care. Help the well family members to carry their share of the responsibilities and encourage the disabled member to participate in the life of the family.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.