The Clinical Nurse Case Manager (CNCM) facilitates the collaborative interdisciplinary process of case management encompassing assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation appropriate to the scope of licensure. The CNCM advocates for options and services to meet the patients and familys comprehensive health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality cost-effective outcomes for the identified patient population.
The CNCM participates in quality improvement activities, exemplifies professionalism, and promotes a customer-friendly environment by utilizing ServiceFIRST behaviors in interactions with patients, families, and staff members.
a. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing with a Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred.
b. Licensure/Certification: i. Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas. ii. Related specialty certification required within two years of employment.
2. Work Experience: i. Two (2) years experience as RN in appropriate to area assigned; ii. One (1) year experience in Case Management, Quality Management, Coding or Discharge Planning preferred.
3. Management/Experience: One (1) year leadership experience preferred.
4. Equipment Operated: PC and typical medical equipment related to job duties.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Bilingual Skills Required: No Language(s): Spanish preferred Writing /Composing: (Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terms, Mathematics, PC, Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Travel, On Call
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.