Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205021460-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
This position is responsible for the nursing care delivered to patients in the ED. Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation) throughout a patient's stay in the ED, from triage to discharge/admission. Communicates effectively with other ED team members to ensure appropriate, timely, and professional care to all patients. Demonstrates ability to function safely and efficiently in high-stress situations and in response to unexpected changes in workload. Demonstrates knowledge of resources available within the hospital and in the community. Reports to ED Manager and overseen by the Admin Director of Nursing ED.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, specifically abdominal organs and the reproductive system, brain and small parts.
2. Recognizes and demonstrates ability to differentiate normal and abnormal sonographic anatomy with regard to specific age groups.
3. Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis.
4. Performs examinations competently and efficiently within department protocol.
5. Properly prepares and sets up equipment for special examinations.
6. Displays sterile technique without contamination, takes appropriate action should this occur.
7. Demonstrates reliability when on-call and follows policies and procedures regarding call.
8. Completes basic charting, interprets orders correctly investigates vague or seemingly incorrect orders, recognizes correct date and time for examination and checks for or obtains proper consent.
9. Maintains records of examination data, history sheets and presents case to radiologist in a timely manner.
10. Schedules procedures to coordinate with other patient examinations including outside service exams and informs patient or nurse of any preparation.
11. Charges patients necessary fees when required in IR Coder.
12. Maintains stock supplies or notifies supervisor of supplies which are not adequately stocked.
13. Assists students with patient handling, scanning, techniques and critiques images. Informs supervisor of studentsâ�� progress.
14. Transports patient when needed, recognizes patient needs (O2, IV fluids, etc.), maintains patient safety and displays correct body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient.
15. Cleans and maintains equipment; takes measures to prevent breakdown of equipment (e.g., proper handling of transducers, supplies, etc.).
16. Obtains service when equipment malfunctions and/or notifies supervisor of problem.
17. Displays knowledge of front office procedures including filing, processing requests, use of computer and telephone.
18. In the absence of supervisor, assures department policies and procedures are followed and productivity meets standards.
19. Demonstrates knowledge regarding dispensing and use of non-controlled medications used in Radiology procedures and appropriately handles such medications under the direct supervision of a qualified physician.
20. On-Call shifts required and performs all other duties as assigned.
â�¢ Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Minimum 6 months critical care experience.
â�¢ Knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate emergent, urgent, and non-urgent care to all persons who present to the ED for evaluation and treatment. Knowledge of dysrhythmias and appropriate interventions. Must speak, read and write English.
â�¢ Current California RN license; Current American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, and PALS. TNCC and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) course within 3 months of hire. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred. PALS within 90 days of hire/transfer.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.