Nurse Practitioner - Infectious Disease - Full Time
SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner (PNP, FNP) is accountable for a "defined" patient population. Functions in the roles of expert practitioner, consultant, educator, patient advocate, care coordinator and researcher within a specialized area of practice. Possesses and exhibits a high degree of knowledge, skill and competence in the provision of health care directly to the patient, family or community, or indirectly through guidance of care by other professional personnel. Provision of patient care is conducted and performed utilizing the medical model within the scope of licensure and in accordance with applicable law, regulations, and in accordance with Valley Children's policies. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment and prior to providing patient care, candidate must submit Scope of Practice and all information for credentialing, to the Medical Staff office, Hospital Interdisciplinary Professional Practice Council.
The Infectious Disease Practice at Valley Children's provides inpatient and outpatient evaluation and management of children with suspected or proven infectious diseases. Our physicians are all board certified in Pediatric Infectious Diseases. Our team works closely with the other medical services at Valley Children's Hospital, as infectious disease management can be critical in treating patients' other medical conditions.
- Active CA RN license
- Graduation of a Nurse Practitioner program and a Master's degree
- Nurse Practitioner National Certification is required within six (6) months of hire or transfer into position
- Experience in Infectious Disease and/or pediatrics highly desirable
- A minimum of 1 year related experience is required and 5 years Increasingly responsible experience which demonstrates professional working knowledge of nursing theory and practice, with competence in physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology and management of acute and chronic pediatric problems
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required within 30 days of hire or transfer into position
- Must successfully complete the credentialing process through the Medical Staff office via Committee on Interdisciplinary Practices (CIDP) for the appropriate scope of practice, written standardized protocols, and furnishing privileges
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and assume responsibility for inpatient/outpatient care. Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills for effective interactions with patients and their family members, and colleagues in multiple medical disciplines
POSITION DETAILS: Full Time, Long-term temporary (approximately 6 months to 1 year), benefit eligible. Clinic open Mon-Fri and closed on weekends and holidays.
PAY RANGE: $59.00 - $94.00
LOCATION: Madera, CA