Case Manager RN
Part Time, Weekends
Transition Management Office
This is a pipeline posting used to source for various positions within the department.
Case Managers within the Transition Management Office collaborate with the health care team to coordinate patient and family interventions across the continuum of care, removing barriers and promoting efficient and effective use of resources. Case Managers assist patients and families in establishing patient specific goals, both long term and short term. Facilitates appropriate follow up care and/or refers patients (within the designated patient population) to the appropriate next level or site of care. Serves in an advocacy role on behalf of patients, families, and caregivers to ensure safe, equitable healthcare provision. Assists in developing and meeting key Pillar outcomes and system improvement goals including financial, satisfaction, and clinical as the nursing component of the care coordination model. Assists in the nursing component of developing and meeting key Pillar goals including finance, satisfaction, clinical quality of care, innovation, and growth across the continuum of care.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is accepting applications for the Case Manager (RN) role within our Transition Management Office (TMO). The TMO administrative office is located in Medical Center North, on campus serving VUMC. Transition management or commonly referred to as care coordination is a thriving department comprised of nurses, social workers, and support personnel. Currently there are 150 staff however the department has increased their staff needs to enhance the patient experience at Vanderbilt. The Vice President of TMO is Marcia Colone, Ph.D. who has over 25 years of experience in care management. Dr. Colone leads a team of experienced Directors and Team Leads who mentor, coach, and support staff within the coordination team.
- Part Time/Weekends
- Must be available to complete initial on-site department training.
- Training is held Monday through Friday and will last 4 to 6 weeks.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
- Assesses and identifies patients with complex clinical needs that require a coordinated plan of care.
- Develops case management plan that includes strategies or alternative interventions required to attain optimal patient and family specific outcomes.
- Analyzes progress on the plan of care, identifies variances, and intervenes utilizing process improvement methodologies to remove barriers and progress care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of the practice.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and acts as the key information and education resource for the interdisciplinary team as related to caring for complex needs and securing appropriate services.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing