Location: Wilmington, Delaware
This position is responsible for: Providing the administrative oversight and leading the Nemours Nursing and Patient Care Services vision and mission for research. This includes the strategic alignment of nursing and inter-professional research within the Delaware Valley while fostering a spirit of inquiry and professional engagement, encouraging and supporting the mission of conducting research. This individual will build a program of federally funded, and grant or foundation sourced research. This individual will co-direct with the Director of Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice. Additionally, this individual will develop nurse scholars in the area of grant submission as they submit for small funding opportunities available through nursing organizations. This position will ensure the continued development, implementation, and evaluation of a program of nursing research and evidence based clinical nursing practice that is, aligned with Nemours Research Strategy, and developed in collaboration with nurses and other health care providers and researchers. This program will also serve to increase the knowledge and skills of nursing staff related to the research process and implement strategies to communicate nursing research activities. Visionary leadership includes strategic planning, ensuring evidence-based care delivery, promoting health equity, advancing benchmarked quality patient service and outcomes, networking with nurse scientists, promoting continuous improvement, well developed change management skills, and fiscal stewardship.
- RN, Ph.D. with proven success in leading/developing a nursing research program preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years RN experience required
- Experience with clinical research as Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator.
- As part of personal scholarly activity, have a specific area of research interest with a history of published peer review research papers.
- Active Delaware (or compact state) Registered Nurse Licensure Required
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider (HCP) Certification required