Sr. Patient Service Specialist
Weight Loss Clinic, One Hundred Oaks
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with minimal guidance. Coordinates more complex patient to include scheduling with multiple services or coordination with outside facilities or providers. Facilitates required pre-authorization, precertification or predetermination for procedures or appointments. Provide guidance to entry level coworkers.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience:
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Weight Loss Center. We provide both medical and surgical weight loss for the adult population. We are looking for highly motivated individuals that would like to join a growing clinic.
Our excellent, patient centered care is directed and/or delivered by a collaborative team made up of Attending Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, Psychologists, a Program Coordinator and Licensed Clinical Social Workers. The Leadership Team is comprised of a Medical Director, a Clinic Manager, an Administrative Manager, and an Administrative Assistant. Clinic staff members include Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Patient Services Representatives and Financial Clearance Specialist.
We are committed to providing excellent service to our patients and a supportive and caring work environment for our staff.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows.
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement.
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
- Works with patients and/or outside facilities to ensure all administrative tasks, including; referrals, pre-certs, clinical records and documentation, orders and consults have been received and ready to view prior to patient procedure or surgery.
- Schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic testing.
- Pre-authorization, precertification or predetermination of procedure and resolves related issues.
- Manages templates including utilization, wait list and quality audits.
- Assists with onboarding and training as needed.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.