Vanderbilt Corporate Health & Wellness
Workers Compensation Specialist
Coordinates and monitors the daily work activity of the Workers' Compensation program with occasional guidance. Assists with chart preparation for case management patient care and maintain referral database entries. Communicates with external referral sources in facilitating appointments with the institution. Works with provider and internal departments in organizing work flow for case management and utilization review process. Assists the department leadership in planning and coordinating specialized programs.
Your Role: The Workers Compensation Specialist will need Registration and Scheduling/Booking appointments experience, as well as possessing excellent telephone and customer service skills. EPIC and Workers comp knowledge is a plus.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Heavy ACD phone calls
- Register/set up new Workers comp accounts
- Updating work queues
- Follow up on customer Medical Records and paperwork request
- Monitor Fax folder
********Additional tasks to be discussed in interview********
- Full time
- 40 hour week; M-F, 8am - 4:30pm
- Two week orientation process
- Hourly pay rate; excellent benefits beginning day one of employment
Discovery Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
- Assists with Case Management/Utilization review activities.
- Triages incoming calls and coordinates referrals to appropriate provider.
- Maintains accounts, sends out medical records, return to work forms, and state forms upon customer request. Ensures medical records are ready for doctor's evaluation.
- Maintains database.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.